Wide assortment of standard and custom sizes and shapes to suit your project needs
Sampling of custom trim tiles made to order.
- We can supply many kinds of trim for wall tile. These include bullnose, radius bullnose, mudcap, liner, cove base, quarter round, and more.
- For unusual trim designs, we can copy existing trim pieces (such as mudcaps, bullnose, sanitary base, etc.). A custom die may be required, at additional cost.
- Trim pieces are priced per piece.
- For many standard sizes, tile can be made on "machine made" base tile, supplied by companies that manufacture tile. Those sizes are 4.25" square, 6" square, among others, and a variety of trim pieces. This allows a closer match to existing machine-made tile, and will provide a flatter, more uniform tile with thinner grout lines.
- Both "pillow edge" and flat edge designs are available for square tile.
- Small mosaic tile like hex and penny round will be made from machine made tile.
- Cost: flat tile will usually be the same price for machine made base as for handmade base. Some specialty shapes, like long subway tiles, may need to be quoted due to higher cost. Trim pieces will be quoted per piece and will be a higher cost per square foot than flat tile.
- Not only do we have hundreds of glaze colors in our "library," but custom glazes can be made to achieve a target color or to match existing glazes or other design elements.
- Cost: some custom colors can be created at no charge, while there is an $80 charge to match to an existing glaze or color. Producing the custom glazed tile will usually be at the same price as other tile.
- We assemble hex and other mosaic tile into approximate square foot sheets.
- We do patterns with mosaic tile: your design or ours. Assembly of designs costs a bit more than one-color arrays: see price list. We provide assistance in planning installation as well.
Making the master for a custom high-relief tile mold.
Tiles with designs or relief:
- Recessed design tiles can be custom-designed readily and produced nearly as quickly as flat tiles.
- High-relief custom tiles can be custom-designed. Historic or other existing tiles can be reproduced. Molds must be created for these, so the timeframe is several weeks to prepare for production.
Designing a custom recessed tile
- Cost: each project will need to be quoted based upon its complexity.
Designing a high relief tile
- Unglazed porcelain mosaic tile can be color-matched or custom-colored to match existing, historic, or new designs.
- Cost: each project will need to be quoted. Some colors may be more costly than others (such as reds). Tile thickness will be part of the cost equation.
- Mosaic designs for backsplashes, exterior spaces, floors, etc. can be custom designed and custom sized for each application. These will be shipped with face-mounted film for ease of installation.
- Color-body tile mosaics can be made to match existing designs, or created for new ones.
- Cost: Glazed ceramic mosaic prices vary widely based upon complexity, size of pieces, and materials used. Using a client's design is at no cost. Extended design cycles may require a fee.
- Tiles can be made to your preference: there are no "standard" sizes to limit you. Squares, rectangles, even circles, triangles, hexagons, and octagons are available. Sizes may be in even inches, even centimeters, or fractions (such as 5-3/8").
- Tile sizes for flat (field) tiles are limited to 10" across in any direction. (High relief tiles can be made slightly larger.)
- Tile thickness can be modified if needed. An upcharge may apply for thick tiles.
- Cost: square and rectangle shapes from 2" to 10" in width or length are the same price per square foot. Other shapes will be more per square foot: see price list.
- Fountain emitters can be made to order from flat tile, recessed tile, or high-relief tile.
- House or building number tiles can be designed and produced to order.
- Sun and sunray designs for inside or out can be designed to order.
- Fused glass elements can be added, such as sun rays.
- Tiles can be slumped slightly to form curved surfaces.
- Tiles can be created from 3-D printed molds (mold supplied by customer).
Arcana Tileworks® is a registered trademark of Arcana Tileworks LLC.